Rustic Fruit Scones.
You can have Rustic Fruit Scones using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Rustic Fruit Scones
- You need 225 g of self-raising flour.
- It’s 30 g of sugar.
- It’s 75 g of block butter.
- It’s 50 g of dried fruit (or grated cheese).
- You need 1 of egg (beaten).
- It’s pinch of salt.
- You need 50 ml of milk.
- You need of Plus milk for wash.
Rustic Fruit Scones step by step
- Preheat oven to 200 Celsius (fan) or gas mark 6. Line flat baking tray with tin foil or baking paper..
- Place flour, sugar and salt in a mixing bowl. Dice butter into mixing bowl and rub into flour mix until it looks like breadcrumbs. (Note: Keep hands cold and dry to stop butter melting while rubbing. Use tip of fingers).
- Mix fruit (or cheese) and add egg and milk. Mix by hand till a dough forms. Do not over work..
- Roll out dough onto floured surface until about 2cm thick. Cut with 2 1/4 inch round cutter or hand roll into ball and flatten to about a small mug’s diameter. (I like to hand roll them before baking for a more ‘rustic’ look) Brush or dab milk wash with fingers on top of scones.
- Bake in the oven for 12 to 15 minutes until golden and risen. Leave to cool and serve with your favourite fillings!.