My Ultimate Pudding.
You can cook My Ultimate Pudding using 7 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of My Ultimate Pudding
- You need 450 ml of Milk.
- Prepare 150 grams of ; around 3 medium sized eggs Egg.
- Prepare 60 grams of Sugar.
- It’s 1 dash of Rum, vanilla extract.
- Prepare 6 tbsp of ○Sugar.
- It’s 4 tbsp of ○Water.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Boiling water.
My Ultimate Pudding step by step
- Bring the ○ ingredients to a boil in a small pot to make the caramel sauce..
- Once it starts to form large bubbles, has a good fragrance, and a nice color, stop the heat..
- Add a tablespoon of boiling water to loosen up the caramel (it'll splatter so please be careful)..
- Pour into the cups (to make good use of the caramel left in the pot why not make caramel milk tea?. Put water into your steamer and begin to boil..
- Add the milk and sugar to a pot and heat to melt together. Once it's about 40 ℃ or so (bath water temperature) stop the heat..
- Break the egg into a bowl, add the vanilla extract and rum and mix together..
- Add the milk from step 5 to the bowl from step 6 and mix together quickly..
- Add the pudding liquid back to the pot from step 7 while straining it..
- Pour the pudding mixture into eight cups..
- Place in your steamer (steam will rise up upon opening so be careful)..
- Use chopsticks or something to wedge the lid open (this keeps the pudding from getting porous). Steam on medium heat for 3 or 4 minutes..
- Once the top has firmed up stop the heat (use chopsticks to tap the top, and if it jiggles, it's okay. If it's still watery, not yet)..
- Close the lid and let steam with the remaining heat for 10 minutes. It's okay if you can stick a toothpick in the center and it stays. If it falls over, heat on low heat for a minute and try the test again..
- It's best if you can keep the toothpick upright even if you tip the container sideways. You might think it's a bit loose, but it'll stiffen a bit upon cooling..
- Cover with a damp towel and allow to cool. Once cooled, wrap and refrigerate. Serve chilled..
- I adjusted the recipe by reducing the sugar and pudding caramel by 10 g, and reducing the steaming heat from strong to medium..