Rustic one pot tomato & spinach gnocchi with burrata.
You can have Rustic one pot tomato & spinach gnocchi with burrata using 14 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Rustic one pot tomato & spinach gnocchi with burrata
- Prepare 500 g of gnocchi.
- You need 1 of white onion diced.
- It’s of Olive oil for cooking.
- Prepare 40 g of washed spinach.
- It’s of Approx 100g Burrata or mozzarella cheese for topping.
- It’s Handful of basil leaves.
- You need of Sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of whole milk.
- Prepare 1 tin of chopped tomatoes.
- You need 1 of tspn tomato puree.
- It’s 1 clove of garlic.
- You need Handful of basil.
- You need Squeeze of honey.
- It’s of Salt and pepper.
Rustic one pot tomato & spinach gnocchi with burrata instructions
- Sauté diced onion in olive oil. Meanwhile, blitz all the sauce ingredients till smooth and add into the onion once softened. The gnocchi only takes a couple of minutes to cook in boiling water so this can be done while the sauce is cooking. Drain the gnocchi and lay into a ceramic oven proof dish..
- Add the spinach to the tomato sauce and wilt it into the sauce. This should only take a couple of minutes or so. Then pour the tomato sauce all over the cooked gnocchi and dot the top with burrata or mozzarella cheese and a handful of basil leaves. ***Top tip – I only used half the sauce I made for the amount of gnocchi I had and I saved the rest in the freezer for another pasta sauce. You can do the same or use it all for a saucier gnocchi dish.***.
- You can leave this in the fridge for a few hours if needed or cook it till golden brown (on about 160 degrees for approx half an hour). Serve with a crisp salad, Parmesan over the top and some crusty bread!!.