Bread Pudding Recipe + Creamy sauce. Bread pudding is done when a knife or toothpick is inserted and comes out with a little custard on it or Bechamel sauce will keep in a sealed container in the refrigerator and can be served cold or I appreciate you watching my videos and I love sharing the recipes with everyone, please feel free to. Bread pudding is traditionally made with old bread, but this recipe will make a fluffy and great tasting bread pudding. And the next best thing is the whiskey sauce!
A beloved recipe for bread pudding, rich with milk and eggs, and chock-full of raisins, was found tucked away in a family Bible for safekeeping. This is the best Bread Pudding I have ever made! Decadent bread pudding topped with a homemade vanilla cream sauce is the ultimate in comfort-food desserts. You can have Bread Pudding Recipe + Creamy sauce using 16 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Bread Pudding Recipe + Creamy sauce
- You need of For bread pudding.
- You need 15 oz of brioche bread, stale/about 4 days old.
- You need 2 of and 1/2 cups whole milk.
- It’s 4 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 1/2 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 3 of large eggs.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s of For creamy sauce.
- You need 2 cups of whole milk, warm.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 2 tbsp of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of brandy/rum, optional.
- You need 1 pinch of salt.
- It’s 1 tbsp of vanilla extract.
Blackberry Sour Cream Bread PuddingCasa De La Carg. sugar, almonds, caramel sauce, bread, eggs, butter, milk. This Irish Bread Pudding recipe begins with a classic bread pudding that has a little bit of Irish whiskey mixed in. Individual slices (best served warm) are topped with a generous spoonful of sweet, creamy caramel sauce with more Irish whiskey added in. While most recipes for bread pudding are quite similar, it's the bread to custard ratio that differs the most.
Bread Pudding Recipe + Creamy sauce step by step
- For the pudding: Grease an 8×8 baking/casserole dish with butter..
- Cut the bread into small cubes and add to the baking dish..
- In a small pot over medium heat, add in the milk, sugar, butter and salt and stir occasionally until well combined and scalded. When done, set it aside to cool slightly..
- Once cooled down, add in the vanilla and eggs, one at a time, whisking continuously to form a custard..
- Pour this custard all over the surface of the bread, try to avoid any dry spots. Set aside to soak for about 40 minutes..
- After, bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees fahrenheit on the center rack for about 40 minutes. The pudding is done when a fork inserted comes out clean..
- To make the sauce, in a small pot over medium low heat, melt the butter. Whisk in the flour and cook for about a minute, don't stop whisking..
- After, add in the warm milk, a bit at a time, after add in the sugar and salt and continue whisking until the sugar dissolves and everything is well incorporated and the sauce thickens..
- Then, take it off the heat and stir in either the brandy/rum or vanilla extract, whichever is preferred..
- The sauce is ready, now pour it over the bread pudding warm.(This sauce can be made in advance and reheated on the stove.) Serve and enjoy!.
I always make this for the new year! But I make s caramel sauce and add the pecans to it! This bread pudding recipe with warm vanilla rum sauce is the perfect dessert for any occasion. Its full of fluffy brioche bread, golden raisins, and pecans. Can I Make Bread Pudding Ahead of Time-.