Rustic Chocolate Doughnuts.
You can cook Rustic Chocolate Doughnuts using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Rustic Chocolate Doughnuts
- It’s 1 cup of Self-Raising Flour.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of Cocoa Powder *sifted.
- You need 1/3 cup of Caster Sugar.
- It’s 1 pinch of Salt.
- Prepare 1 of large Egg.
- It’s 1 tablespoons of Milk.
- Prepare of Oil for frying.
- Prepare of Optional Coating.
- It’s 50 g of Melted Milk Chocolate OR Dark Chocolate.
- You need of Coffee Icing *1/4 cup Icing Sugar & 1/2 tablespoon Strong Coffee.
Rustic Chocolate Doughnuts instructions
- Mix all ingredients to make dough. If it is too dry to form into a dough, you can add a little bit of extra Milk..
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out about 8-10mm thick. Use a 7cm round cutter to cut out discs. Use a 3cm round cutter to cut out centres..
- *Note: To create nice even cracks, make cuts on one side using a bamboo skewer or something similar..
- Heat Oil about depth of 5cm in a large saucepan over medium heat. Oil should be around 170℃. Carefully place 3 to 4 rounds into the Oil. Cook, turning occasionally, for 3 to 4 minutes or until cooked. *Note: Cut out centres can be cooked quicker..
- Transfer the doughnuts to a tray lined with paper towel..
- Dip one side into melted Chocolate or Icing, but it is optional..