Slow-Cooker Spanish Meatballs.
You can cook Slow-Cooker Spanish Meatballs using 11 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Slow-Cooker Spanish Meatballs
- Prepare 2 lb of ground pork.
- You need 1 medium of yellow onion, finely chopped(about 3/4 cup).
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of ground cumin.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of hot smoked paprika.
- Prepare 5 tbsp of plain dried breadcrumbs.
- Prepare 2 large of eggs, lightly beaten.
- You need 3 tbsp of chopped fresh parsley.
- You need 1 of coarse salt and ground pepper.
- It’s 3 tbsp of extra-virgin olive oil.
- You need 1 can of (28 ounces) diced tomatoes.
- It’s 1 of rustic bread(optional), for serving.
Slow-Cooker Spanish Meatballs instructions
- In a large bowl, combine pork, 1/4 cup onion, cumin, 1/2 teaspoon paprika, breadcrumbs, eggs, and parsley. Season with salt and pepper. With a wooden spoon, gently mix to combine and, using your hands, roll into 25 meatballs(each 1 1/2 inches wide.).
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 1/2 tablespoons oil or medium high. In two batches, brown meatballs on all sides, 8 minutes per batch. Transfer meatballs to a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker. Add remaining onion to skillet, cook until fragrant, 2 minutes. Transfer onion to slow cooker, along with 1 teaspoon paprika and tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper. Cook on low until meatballs are tender, 5 hours. Serve with rustic bread if desired. (Cooked meatballs can be frozen up to 2 weeks; let cool completely, then transfer to airtight containers.).