Easy Ultimate Egg Tofu.
You can cook Easy Ultimate Egg Tofu using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Easy Ultimate Egg Tofu
- You need 5 of Eggs.
- Prepare 75 ml of Shiro-dashi.
- You need 2 1/2 cup of Water.
- It’s 2 of Egg yolks.
- You need of For the sauce.
- Prepare 1 of and 1/2 tablespoons ★ Shiro-dashi.
- It’s 1 tsp of ★ Sugar.
- You need 1 tbsp of ★ Mirin.
- It’s 50 ml of ★ Water.
Easy Ultimate Egg Tofu instructions
- Pour water into a large steamer and bring to a boil. Put all ★ sauce ingredients in a small sauce pan. Bring to a boil. The sauce is ready when the sugar dissolves. Transfer the sauce to a dish and chill in the fridge..
- To make the egg tofu: Combine the egg and egg yolks in a bowl and beat well. Add the shiro-dashi and water. Strain the mixture into a dish..
- Pour the egg mixture into the moulds and place in a steamer. Place chopsticks on the moulds and cover with a paper towel (the chopsticks will prevent the paper towel from sticking to the egg mixture)..
- Cover the steamer with a lid and steam over a high heat for 2 minutes. Turn the heat down to low and continue to steam for a further 20 minutes. To check if it is done, insert a toothpick and you should see a clear broth come up from the egg tofu..
- Put ice and water into a container large enough to accommodate the egg tofu moulds. After steaming place the egg tofu from Step 4 in the container to cool down. Chill in the fridge. When serving, transfer the egg tofu to serving dishes and pour on the sauce from Step 1..