You can cook Coconut Macaroons using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Coconut Macaroons
- Prepare 4 – 5 cups of coconut sweetened , shredded (Preferably toasted).
- You need 4 of egg whites large.
- You need 1/2 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of vanilla.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of almond extract (Optional).
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s of Almonds (Optional).
- Prepare of Raisins (Optional).
Coconut Macaroons instructions
- Place the oven rack in the bottom third of the oven and preheat to 350°F..
- Toast the coconut (optional) for a deeper coconut flavor and extra-crispy macaroons..
- Whisk the egg whites in a standing mixer/with a handbeater until they hold soft peaks, then gradually add the sugar until it holds stiff peaks..
- Whisk in the vanilla and salt, then fold in the shredded coconut by hand until the coconut is moistened. You can also add raisins to the mixture if you want..
- Line the baking tray with a parchment paper. Shape the coconut mixture into small balls about 1 1/2-inches in diameter, using your hands. Alternatively, you can also use a cookie dough scoop. Space them an inch or so apart on the baking sheet. You could also press 1 almond on top of each coconut mound before they go into the oven..
- Bake the macaroons for 15-20 minutes until golden,.
- Let the macaroons cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Macaroons can be kept in an airtight container for up to a week..
- Once baked, drizzle with some chocolate..