Horseradish Cream Sauce.
You can cook Horseradish Cream Sauce using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Horseradish Cream Sauce
- Prepare of Hot Stuff.
- Prepare 1 of diced shallot.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar.
- It’s 1 tbsp of mustard.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of heavy cream.
- You need of Cold Stuff.
- It’s 3 tbsp of prepared horseradish.
- You need 1/2 cup of sour cream.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Mayo.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of minced chives.
Horseradish Cream Sauce step by step
- Sauté shallot 1.5 mins in a drizzle of olive oil on medium high heat, stirring..
- Add apple cider vinegar. Cook, stirring, 1-2 mins until reduced by half..
- Add cream and mustard and heavily reduce, 5-6 mins, stirring, until very thick and gluey. Essentially, you want yellow goo coated shallots; dont worry about not having a full sauce..
- Remove hot stuff from heat and set aside. Combine sour cream, mayo, horseradish, and all but a few pinches of chives in a mid-large bowl..
- Add hot stuff. Mix thoroughly. Color should be white with just some yellow tinge. Texture should be effortlessly spreadable and spoonable, but not a drizzle. About halfway between cream cheese and crema. Add a splash of apple cider vinegar or water as preferred if too thick. Add more sour cream, horseradish, or mayo as preferred if too thin..
- Refrigerate until time to serve. Garnish with remaining chives..