rustic garlic mashed potatoes. Save yourself the trouble of peeling potatoes and go the rustic route instead. Red potatoes have delicate, tender skins, so they're Even better, you can mash the potatoes right in their cooking pot, where they'll stay warm until you're ready to serve them up. A handful of whole garlic cloves simmer.
The cauliflower, garlic and potatoes are all cooked at the same time and mashed with butter and cream cheese. Your kids will love this side dish and the best part is you won't have to remind them to eat their vegetables! All Reviews for Rustic Garlic Mashed Potatoes. You can have rustic garlic mashed potatoes using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of rustic garlic mashed potatoes
- It’s 2 lb of baking potatos unpeeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes.
- It’s 1/4 cup of water.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of butter cut into 1/8 inch pieses.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 1 cup of milk.
This is a diabetic recipe with garlic. Some might think "rustic" is just a fancy way of saying – "I make mashed potatoes with the skins on", which some might think is being a lazy cook. These roasted garlic mashed potatoes are full of nutritional benefits because you live the skins of the potatoes on – which also makes this dish faster to prepare! I suppose "rustic" is just a fancy way of saying that I make mashed potatoes with the skins on.
rustic garlic mashed potatoes step by step
- place all ingredients except milk in slow cooker; toss to combine. cover cook on low 7 hours or on high 4 hours.
- add milk to potatoes. mash potatoes with potato masher or electric mixer until smooth.
- note: I put in potatoes and put every thing in except butter and I pour the water over all the potatoes ans seasonings then place butter on top and let it melt down the potatoes then after an hour or so I stir the potatoes..
Place potatoes in a large pot. Fill with enough cold water to cover. These garlic mashed potatoes are rich and very tasty! For a creamier texture, use heavy cream in place of the milk. Then you are seriously missing out because Skin on golden mashed potatoes is just like the best side ever!!