Delicious Mint Chocolate Chip Ice cream.
You can have Delicious Mint Chocolate Chip Ice cream using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Delicious Mint Chocolate Chip Ice cream
- Prepare 3 C. of Whole Milk (split into 3 equal cups).
- It’s 1 of good handful of fresh mint leaves.
- You need 6 of Egg Yolks.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp. of Almond Extract.
- You need Pinch of salt.
- It’s 1 C. of Sugar.
- It’s 1 C. of Chocolate Chips.
Delicious Mint Chocolate Chip Ice cream step by step
- In a medium sized saucepan over medium heat put 2 cups of milk and the mint leaves. Stir until steaming. Do not let boil. Once it has started steaming, turn off stove and let sit for 20 to 30 min. Steam again and let it sit for 15 more min..
- Whisk 6 egg yolks in a medium bowl. Poor milk and mint mixture over a strainer into the egg yolks, stirring constantly so that the yolks don't cook..
- Pour the whole mixture back into the saucepan over medium heat and add in sugar and salt. Stir until the mixture gets slightly thick and the spoon has a film on it..
- Poor the last cup of cold milk into a medium bowl. Strain the custard mixture into the cold milk. Add in the almond extract. Stir until well mixed. Add 3 drops of green food coloring if you would like. Chill in the refrigerator for about 30 min..
- I recommend using a cuisinart ice cream maker. Dump all the ice cream into the freezer bowl and start up the ice cream maker. Once the ice cream has gotten very very thick, add the chocolate chips. For well set up ice cream freeze in a glass or metal pan. Enjoy!.
- If you have problems in the recipe leave a comment so that I can try to fix it. It turned out perfect for me and I hope it does for you to..