Açorda (The poor man's dish).
You can cook Açorda (The poor man's dish) using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Açorda (The poor man's dish)
- Prepare 4 of garlic cloves, sliced (add more or less depending on preferences).
- It’s 1/2 of green pepper, chopped.
- It’s 1 bunch of coriander, chopped (change amount to suit your taste).
- You need 4 of whole eggs.
- Prepare 2 portions of salted cod, optional..
- It’s 1 tsp of sea salt.
- It’s 2 liter of water.
- Prepare 8 tbsp of olive oil, extra virgin.
- It’s 300 grams of 1 or 2 day old artisan/rustic bread, cut into large chunks..
- You need 1 of beaten egg.
Açorda (The poor man's dish) instructions
- Soak the salted cod 24 hours prior to cooking to remove the excess salt in cold water. Change the water 3-4 times prior to cooking. You want the cod to have no taste of salt at all..
- In a large deep pan, bring water to the boil and add the eggs, and cod and boil for 12-15 mins..
- In the meantime while thats all cooking, cut and chopped, the garlic, coriander (cilantro), and green pepper. Place in a large bowl..
- Add the olive oil and salt to the bowl..
- Add the beaten egg to the mix and stir well..
- Remove the cod and eggs from the boiling water when done. Add water to the large bowl, leave it for up to 5 minutes..
- Remove the shell from the egg, cut the cod into smaller pieces and place on a tray ready to serve..
- Add the bread into the bowl and lightly ladle water over the bread..
- Now it's ready to serve. Serve alongside the egg and cod..