You can have Ribollita using 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Ribollita
- It’s 1/2 lb of cannellini beans.
- It’s 5 Tbsp of extra virgin olive oil plus more for serving.
- You need 1 of onion.
- You need 1 of carrot.
- It’s 1 of celery stay.
- It’s 1 clove of garlic.
- Prepare 1 tsp of thyme.
- You need 1 Tbsp of tomato paste.
- You need 2 dashes of salt.
- You need 1 of potato.
- It’s 1 bunch of lacinato kale.
- Prepare 1 of butch Swiss chard.
- It’s 1 of small Savoy cabbage.
- It’s 4 of thick slices of whole wheat rustic bread.
- It’s of Ground black pepper to taste.
Ribollita step by step
- Rinse beans very well until water is clear. Place in a pot with 4 cups of water and a dash of salt. Bring to a boil, then lower heat to the minimum and cover. Simmer for 3 hours..
- Meanwhile, prepare the vegetables. Chop the onion, carrot and celery. Mince the garlic. Dice the potato. Wash and slice kale, chard and cabbage in 1/2-inch pieces..
- When the beans are cooked, remove 1/4 of the beans and set aside. Purée remaining beans in cooking water with an immersion blender. Set aside..
- In a large pot, heat the oil over medium heat and sauté onion for 2 minutes, add celery and carrot, sauté for 2 minutes, add garlic, and sauté for 3 more minutes. Stir often..
- Add thyme, dash of salt, and tomato paste. Stir and cook for 1 minute..
- Add potato, kale, chard, cabbage, purée beans with its cooking water, and 5 additional cups of water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to minimum, cover and simmer for 1 hour. Stir occasionally..
- Cut bread in large cubes. Add cooked beans and bread. Mix and cook for 10 minutes. Turn off the heat. Let it rest covered at room temperature overnight..
- Reheat over low heat. Serve, sprinkling ground black pepper and drizzling very good extra-virgin olive oil. Enjoy!.