ULTIMATE loaded baked potato soup. Potatoes and soup define comfort food for me (and pasta and cheese too!), so when you combine them together, it's like comfort food heaven! The best part about this recipe? It comes together fast, it's easy, yet is so full of yummy baked potato goodness.
What more could you want in a Loaded Potato Soup? This soup is a time-tested recipe that helps A classic baking potato is the russet, which is one of the most starch-filled in the world of spuds. Then, using an immersion blender or a regular blender, blend it. You can have ULTIMATE loaded baked potato soup using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of ULTIMATE loaded baked potato soup
- It’s 8 slice of bacon cooked and crumbled (reserve some for garnish).
- Prepare 11 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 2/3 cup of all purpose flour.
- You need 7 cup of milk (or 3.5 cups milk and 3.5 cups chicken stock).
- You need 6-8 of baked potatoes(depending on size) peeled and diced.
- You need 4 of green onions chopped.
- You need 2 cup of shredded sharp cheddar (and additional for garnish).
- You need 1 cup of sour cream.
- It’s 1 of salt and pepper (to taste).
Directions for Ultimate Loaded Baked Potato Soup: Cook the entire package of bacon in a dutch oven until it is very crispy. Loaded potato soup is the ultimate cozy dinner idea, and this one is so easy to make! It's all that's great about a baked potato, remade as a healthy The soup will be creamy but with small chunks of potatoes. Alex and I found that makes the most satisfying texture for a loaded potato soup, versus.
ULTIMATE loaded baked potato soup instructions
- In large pot: melt butter over medium heat and whisk in flour. Let cook for few minutes.
- Add milk 1 cup at a time until all 7 cups added. (Continue whisking).
- Continue whisking milk until thickens..
- Once thick. Add your potatoes and stir. Mash some of the potatoes with the back of the spoon against the sides of the pot to add different textures..
- Reduce heat to low and stir in the sour cream, bacon and cheese..
- Serve immediately with chopped green onions, bacon crumbles and shredded cheese.
- SHORTCUT NOTE: If you dont have potatoes already baked and ready to go. In a separate pot boil your potatoes until soft, then transfer to your soup pot (where you've made your rue) and continue with step 4 ♡♡♡♡ equally delicious! I find russet and yellow potatoes work best for this soup.
Potato Soup sounds like a punishment, potato soup? But this isn't grandmas boiled potatoes with some random vegetables like carrots and celery. This is your ultimate twice baked potato in soup form, talk about comfort food. Or like those Loaded Mashed Potatoes you all love on the site, in. This easy creamy loaded Potato Soup recipe is so good!