Rustic Kenchin Soup.
You can cook Rustic Kenchin Soup using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Rustic Kenchin Soup
- You need 2 of blocks Tofu (firm).
- Prepare 1/4 of Daikon radish.
- It’s 1 of Carrot.
- Prepare 1 of Burdock root.
- You need 1 of Japanese leek.
- It’s 1 of Konnyaku.
- It’s 4 of to 5 Taro root (optional).
- You need 3 of Mushrooms (I used king oyster mushrooms).
- It’s 80 of to 100 ml ☆Soy sauce.
- You need 50 ml of ☆ Sake.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ☆ Dashi stock granules.
- Prepare 1000 ml of Water.
- You need 2 tbsp of Sesame oil.
Rustic Kenchin Soup step by step
- Cut the ingredients into bite sizes. If you use taro root, blanch first to remove the slime..
- Heat sesame oil in a pot. Fry the tofu and break into small pieces. After it's cooked through, add all the ingredients apart from the taro root and Japanese leek. Add water and cook until tender..
- Add the ☆ ingredients, taro root, and Japanese leek into Step 2..
- The tofu should be fried well enough until all the moisture has evaporated, otherwise your soup will be cloudy like shown in this picture..