Amy's Rustic Yumulicious Apple Pie ..
You can cook Amy's Rustic Yumulicious Apple Pie . using 15 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Amy's Rustic Yumulicious Apple Pie .
- Prepare 1 of Pastry Ingredients.
- It’s 2 cup of plain flour – sifted.
- It’s 1/4 cup of icing sugar – sifted.
- It’s 185 grams of cold butter – cut into small cube pieces.
- You need 2 of egg yolks.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of cold water.
- It’s 1 of milk for glazing.
- You need 1 of Filling Ingredients.
- You need 6 of -8 medium apples – peeled , cut into quarters and cored.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of caster sugar – super fine sugar with a little extra for dusting ..
- You need 2 tbsp of water.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground cinnomon.
- It’s 1 tbsp of marmalade.
- Prepare 10 of blueberries.
- Prepare 30 grams of butter.
Amy's Rustic Yumulicious Apple Pie . step by step
- FILLING : In a large saucepan add the prepared apples , sugar , water and cinnamon , on low to medium heat , cover and cook , stirring occasionally , for about 20 minutes or until the apples are just softened then remove from the heat and pour out any excess liquid , which may be kept for other use or garnish if desired , then add the marmalade and gently mix through . set aside to cool whilst you make the pastry ..
- preheat oven to 210°C / 420°F . Brush a large pie dish , roughly 23cm diameter , with melted butter or oil , i used extra virgin olive oil , and set aside till needed ..
- MAKING THE PASTRY : in a bowl or food processor add the sifted icing sugar , sifted flour and the butter cubes and mix together till it resembles breadcrumbs , best done with finger tips , then add the egg yolks and the water and mix together well till it comes together to form a dough ..
- Place dough on a lightly floured surface and knead the dough briefly to form a smooth manageable dough and divide dough into 2 portions with one portion being slightly bigger than the other for base of pie and smaller for pie lid ..
- POLLING THE PASTRY : Roll the larger dough portion out between two sheets of baking paper the size to fit the pie base and sides , once big enough remove top sheet of paper and , using the bottom piece to help you , place the rolled out dough into the prepared pie dish , covering all the base and sides of the pie dish , gently press into the pie dish to mould it to the pie dish properly , leave any excess over sides hanging for now ..
- Roll second portion of pastry dough out between two pieces of baking paper and roll out as like you did the base , to the size to fit the top as the pastry pie lid , leave between the baking paper and set aside till needed ..
- FILLING THE PIE : Pile the cooked , cooled apples evenly into prepared pastry lined pie dish and sprinkle the blackberries around over the apples and scatter dollops of butter over and around the apples and blueberry filling , brush the pie rim with milk then carefully place the prepared pastry lid over top of prepared filled pie and press edges together with the pastry base sides to seal it , trim the edges and set aside for later use , press fork into pie pastry rim to make a pattern and pierce a few small holes in pastry lid of pie to allow steam to escape whilst cooking ..
- With the cut off left over dough , roll it out and either using cookie cutters cut little pastry cut out for pie lid decoration or cut your own design , brush bases of little cutouts with milk and gently place and press onto pastry pie lid in a decorative pattern . brush the whole pastry pie lid with milk and sprinkle all over with caster sugar ..
- Place prepared pie into the oven and turn the heat down to 180°C / 360°F and bake the pie for 30 – 35 minutes or until pastry is a golden brown . Remove from heat and enjoy hot cold or at room temperature , serve with cream , ice cream , custard or any topping of your choice or taste great just it on it's own . enjoy . 🙂 ..
- NOTE : pie can be frozen and enjoyed later and you can also add any filling you like ..