Rustic Walnut Loaf with Homemade Natural Leaven.
You can cook Rustic Walnut Loaf with Homemade Natural Leaven using 7 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Rustic Walnut Loaf with Homemade Natural Leaven
- Prepare 230 grams of All-purpose flour.
- It’s 20 grams of Rye flour.
- You need 4 grams of Natural salt.
- It’s 6 grams of Raw cane sugar.
- You need 100 grams of Homemade natural yeast starter.
- It’s 150 grams of Water.
- Prepare 80 grams of Walnuts (roasted).
Rustic Walnut Loaf with Homemade Natural Leaven instructions
- Combine the flour, salt, sugar and starter in a bowl, then add the water and knead..
- When the dough gets soft, spread it out and add the chopped walnuts on top, then knead in..
- When the walnuts are evenly distributed, round the dough to form a ball..
- Place the ball in a bowl dusted with flour, with the seam at the bottom, wrap in plastic wrap and allow it to rise for the 1st proving..
- After about 8 minutes into rising, punch down the dough once in the bowl..
- Round off the dough, then wrap again, and let it rise more..
- The first proving is complete when the dough rises two to three times in height. Lift out the dough, punch down, and let it rest for 20 minutes..
- Form into a ball, then, with the seam at the top, return to the flour-dusted banneton (bread-rising mold) for a second proving..
- Remove the risen dough, slash the top and bake in an oven preheated to 250°C reduced to 220 °C for 25 to 28 minutes..
- Here it is..
- And here it is sliced!.