Pain de Campagne — Rustic Bread.
You can have Pain de Campagne — Rustic Bread using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pain de Campagne — Rustic Bread
- It’s 200 grams of All-purpose flour (Lys d'Or brand).
- It’s 30 grams of Graham flour.
- It’s 30 grams of Rye Flour (whole grain if possible).
- You need 1 1/2 grams of Malt powder.
- Prepare 5 grams of Salt.
- You need 5 grams of Sugar.
- It’s 170 ml of Lukewarm water, around 40 ℃.
- Prepare 3 grams of Dry yeast.
Pain de Campagne — Rustic Bread instructions
- Add all of the ingredients to a bowl and use chopsticks to mix in a circular motion into one unified mass..
- Place on a flat surface and knead the dough in a pull-and-extend motion for about 9 minutes. Lightly pull the dough and if it has a slightly glutinous film to it, it's good..
- Make into a round shape, place into a lightly-oiled bowl, and allow to rise until it reaches twice it's size. I do it at 40 ℃ for about 30 minutes..
- Place on a lightly flour-dusted flat surface and remove the gas. Make into a round shape and let sit for 20 minutes..
- Thoroughly flour the inside of a fermentation basket with all-purpose flour. Restore the dough's round shape and place in the basket with the seams facing up. Flatten by lightly pressing down on the top..
- Proof the dough for the second time in this state. It should fill about 80 to 90% of the basket. I do it at 40℃ for 40 minutes..
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Carefully remove dough from the basket by turning it over gently and place on sheet..
- Bake in your preheated oven at 220 ℃ for 30 to 33 minutes and it's complete..