Joan Nathan's Almond Lemon Macaroons.
You can have Joan Nathan's Almond Lemon Macaroons using 4 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Joan Nathan's Almond Lemon Macaroons
- Prepare 2 cups of whole blanched almonds plus about 30 for decoration.
- Prepare 1 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need 1 of large egg.
- You need of Finely grated zest of one lemon.
Joan Nathan's Almond Lemon Macaroons step by step
- Using. Food processor equipped with a metal blade, grind two cups,almonds very finely. Add 2/4 cup sugar, the egg and lemon zest, and pulse to make a cohesive dough. Transfer to a medium bowl, cover and refrigerate for at least 12 hours..
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment pape or a nonstick liner. Place remaining 1/4 cup sugar in a,small bowl..
- Pinching off pieces of dough about the size of a walnut, roll them first into balls, then into sugar. Gently press a almond point first into top half of each cookie, so that half the almond can be seen. Arrange cookies one half inch apart on baking sheet..
- Bake until cookies have barest hint of color but still remain soft, 8-10 minutes. Cookies must be soft when removed from oven to avoid excess hardening when they cool. Cool completely, and store in an airtight container..