Green Gram / Mung Bean Multigrain Porridge > Ginisang Munggo – Monggo with Pork and Mixed Grains.
You can cook Green Gram / Mung Bean Multigrain Porridge > Ginisang Munggo – Monggo with Pork and Mixed Grains using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Green Gram / Mung Bean Multigrain Porridge > Ginisang Munggo – Monggo with Pork and Mixed Grains
- You need of Mung Bean with broth.
- It’s 1/4 c of green gram, washed and stones removed.
- Prepare 1 of slab / slice of pork belly, salt-rubbed.
- You need 2-3 cups of water, pork should be submerged.
- Prepare 1 of pork broth cube.
- You need 1 of red onion, chopped.
- It’s 4 of garlic cloves, chopped.
- Prepare as needed of Ground pepper,.
- You need 1 Tbsp of fish sauce or use salt, as needed.
- It’s 1 of large dried bay leaf.
- You need Dash of Knorr Liquid seasoning or equivalent (optional).
- It’s of Multigrain Rice.
- Prepare of Cooked mixed grains per package instructions.
Green Gram / Mung Bean Multigrain Porridge > Ginisang Munggo – Monggo with Pork and Mixed Grains instructions
- Combine all mung bean broth ingredients, including the pork, in a pot. Cook in medium heat..
- After 30 minutes, slice or chop your pork (should already be tender) to bite size pieces. Then return it to the pot..
- Simmer until the green gram is soft, doubled its size or cracked..
- Optional step- if it's too watery, you can lightly crush some of the green gram in the pot with a spatula. Then stir well. Taste and adjust seasoning according to your taste..
- In a separate cookware, cook mixed grains according to package. I use Green Farm- it has all sorts- Pearl Barley, Brown Rice, Millet, Oat, Black Rice, Sorghum, Lentils, Buck Wheat, Red Black Brown Wheat Meal, Rye, Sunflower Seeds..
- When both are cooked, when you serve, combine in a bowl and mix well. If your mung bean dish is soupy, it’s actually great when you add the mixed grains. It absorbs it and becomes a delicious porridge-like hearty dish..