Italian Sausage and Peppers.
You can have Italian Sausage and Peppers using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Italian Sausage and Peppers
- Prepare of Large pan or skillet with lid (12" or bigger).
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of Olive oil.
- Prepare 5 links of Italian Sausage.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of Butter.
- You need 1 of Large Yellow Onion.
- You need 1 of Red Bell Pepper.
- You need 1 of Green Bell Pepper.
- You need 4 Cloves of Minced Garlic.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Oregano.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Dried Basil (or 1 Tbsp Fresh Basil).
- You need 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Chicken Broth or Cooking White Wine.
- It’s 1 of Tomato.
Italian Sausage and Peppers step by step
- Prep starting vegetables – Clean peppers and slice thin – Slice onion – Dice tomato.
- Bring large skillet to medium high heat, add olive oil, and add sausages. Brown outside but do not cook entirely..
- Remove sausages and set aside to cool, then cut into 1" pieces.
- Using same pan melt butter, add more olive oil if needed. Add peppers and onion and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add all other ingredients and cook until sausages are done. Then bring heat to medium, cover and let simmer for 2-3 minutes. Remove cover and serve immediately..