Creamy Carrot Soup.
You can cook Creamy Carrot Soup using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Creamy Carrot Soup
- You need 3 T. of Vegetable oil.
- It’s 2 lb. of Carrots, chopped.
- Prepare 1 of large Onion, chopped.
- It’s 2 of ribs of celery, chopped.
- It’s 3 of large Garlic cloves, sliced.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of Ginger powder.
- Prepare 1 T. of Orange zest (about 2 naval oranges).
- It’s 1 tsp. of Salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of Pepper.
- It’s 32 oz. of Broth (chicken or vegetable).
- You need 1 c. of Fresh orange juice (about 4 naval oranges).
- It’s 1 c. of Heavy whipping cream.
Creamy Carrot Soup step by step
- In large soup pot over medium heat, add oil, carrots, onion, celery, and seasonings. Cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally..
- Stir in broth and zest. Bring to a boil. Reduce to low. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes until carrots are tender..
- Blend with an immersion blender until smooth. Stir in orange juice. Remove from heat. Stir in cream..
- Taste for seasoning and add more salt & pepper, to taste, if desired..
- Serve hot, topped with croutons..