Holodnik cold soup. Anyway, about this Holodnik – Russian Cold Soup recipe. It really is this color; a vibrant violet. Holodnik is a a little like cold borscht.
Some people have a hard time. Holodnik literally translates to "cold soup". It is the perfect dish to enjoy on a hot summer day. You can have Holodnik cold soup using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Holodnik cold soup
- You need 4-5 of large beets.
- You need 6 of large eggs, hard boiled.
- It’s 2.5 of large cucumbers.
- You need of Green onions.
- Prepare of Fresh dill.
- Prepare 500 g of sour cream.
- You need of White vinegar.
- You need of Brown hot mustard.
- You need of Salt.
Full of refreshing, garden vegetables, crunchy cucumbers, sweet beets, lemon juice and fresh herbs, this is. Holodnik (also svekolnik) is a Slavic beet soup served cold and similar in consistency to a stew. It is widespread mainly in Russia, Poland, Belarus, Lithuania, Latvia, Ukraine. Without a doubt, this classic cold beet soup can pose a serious competition to more famous Spanish Both of these soups are served cold, require minimal ingredients and incredibly refreshing.
Holodnik cold soup instructions
- Boil beets until ready, peel and shred.
- Chop boiled eggs, add to beets.
- Chop cucumbers, add to mixture.
- Add chopped green onions and fresh dill (as much as desired).
- Add 3 – 3.2 L of cooled boiled water.
- Mix in sour cream, then add salt, mustard and vinegar to desired taste.
- Let soup sit in a fridge for a couple hours. Enjoy.
Holodnik is a cold borscht, but tangier. It has fresh crunchy vegetables, beautiful color and I love a bit of egg in there as Its truly a gorgeous soup! Its super healthy and great for your digestive system. Holodnik is my comfort food and it's deliciously refreshing on a hot summer day and a perfect way to stay hydrated. This post may contain affiliate links and I earn a small commission from qualifying purchases.