Pasta with Zucchini and Ricotta. Add cooked pasta to zucchini in skillet and turn heat to medium-high. This refreshing pasta dish has a touch of zest thanks to the lemon and mint. Subscribe to Hungry for more of the best culinary videos on the.
I also tossed the hot pasta with the ricotta and a little pasta water. It made a nice, creamy sauce. While pasta cooks, warm a serving bowl and put ricotta in it, along with about half the basil. You can cook Pasta with Zucchini and Ricotta using 12 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pasta with Zucchini and Ricotta
- It’s 1 of Onion.
- Prepare 6 Tablespoons of Olive Oil.
- It’s 3 of Medium Zucchini.
- You need of Salt.
- Prepare of Ground Black Pepper.
- Prepare 1 Pound of Dry Pasta.
- Prepare 2 Cups of Fresh Basil Leaves.
- Prepare 2 of Large Cloves or Garlic.
- It’s Pinch of Crushed Red Pepper.
- You need 10 Ounces of Ricotta.
- You need of Zest of 2 Lemons.
- Prepare 1 Cup of Parmesan Cheese, grated.
When pasta is tender but not mushy, remove and drain it, reserving about a cup of its cooking Toss with pasta, zucchini, remaining basil and Parmesan, if you are using it, then taste and adjust seasoning. This recipe for Pasta with Zucchini and Ricotta is technically from the Campania region, which is father south than we are living, but the zucchini here has been quite good so we gave it a try and we loved it. A creamy pasta dish made with fresh zucchini and creamy ricotta sauce. Our garden here in Michigan is flourishing this year, and the zucchini is just about ready to pick.
Pasta with Zucchini and Ricotta step by step
- Finely dice onion..
- Wash, dry and slice zucchini, first lengthwise, then in 1/4-inch slices..
- Mince garlic..
- Heat 3 tbsps of olive oil in a large pan. Add onions and cook at medium temperature for 5 minutes..
- Add zucchini and cook for 10 minutes. Then add crushed red pepper..
- Meanwhile heat up water. Add a couple of generous pinches of salt. When water boils, add pasta and cook according to instructions..
- In a mini food processor combine garlic, basil, a punch of salt and 3 Tbsps of olive oil until smooth..
- Add cooked pasta and 1 cup of pasta water to zucchini. Mix and cook for 1 minute..
- Add ricotta, crushed red pepper and lemon zest. Mix well. Turn off heat..
- Add basil paste and 1/2 cup of parmesan. Mix well..
- Serve on plate and sprinkle more parmesan..
Garden zucchini is one vegetable that you wait weeks for, but once they are ready, you have more than you can handle. Add cooked pasta to zucchini in skillet and turn heat to medium-high. Sometimes I feel like I'm on a game show entitled: Take These Random Ingredients And Try To Make A Meal. All Reviews for Fresh Pasta and Zucchini with Ricotta Salata. This zucchini pasta with ricotta recipe is the perfect answer to all that summer squash!