You can cook Homity Pie using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Homity Pie
- It’s 1 of x 9" piecrust (store bought or homemade if you have time).
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of smoked paprika.
- Prepare 1 1/4 lbs of potatoes or 2 large sweet potatoes, diced.
- It’s 1 oz of butter.
- You need 2 of leeks, sliced.
- Prepare 1 of medium onion, diced.
- You need 1-2 cloves of garlic, crushed and chopped.
- It’s 8 oz of spinach, chopped.
- You need 5 tablespoons of soft cheese.
- It’s 5 1/2 of ozs mature cheddar cheese, grated.
- Prepare of Salt and pepper to taste.
Homity Pie step by step
- Line a 9" pie/sponge tin with the piecrust and sprinkle the smoked paprika evenly over the base of the dough. Chill..
- Place the diced potatoes in a microwaveable bowl with a little water. Cover with cling film and microwave on high for 10 minutes. Drain well..
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a frying pan and cook the leeks and onion until soft, then add the garlic and cook for another minute. Add the spinach and stir until completely wilted, then add the soft cheese, stirring to combine..
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees. In a large bowl, combine the potatoes with the leeks, onion and spinach mixture. Add ¾ of the grated cheddar cheese and salt and pepper to taste. Mix everything together and tip into the chilled pastry case. Sprinkle over the rest of the cheese and bake in the oven for 40-45 minutes or until golden. Let the pie cool in the tin for 10 minutes before removing and serving..
- Enjoy on its own or with a salad!.