German Chocolate Cookies.
You can cook German Chocolate Cookies using 12 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of German Chocolate Cookies
- It’s 130 grams of all-purpose flour.
- You need 50 grams of cocoa powder.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- You need 115 grams of unsalted butter, at room temperature.
- It’s 100 grams of sugar.
- Prepare 110 grams of dark brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 of large egg, at room temperature.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- You need 130 grams of sweetened coconut flakes, lightly toasted.
- It’s 170 grams of bittersweet chocolate, chopped.
- Prepare 120 grams of pecans, chopped and toasted.
German Chocolate Cookies instructions
- Toast coconut, chop and toast pecans, and chop chocolate. Cool coconut and pecans..
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Mix..
- Combine butter and sugars. Beat for two minutes..
- Add egg and vanilla to butter mixture and beat for another minute..
- Add flour mixture to butter and slowly mix until combined..
- Add coconut, pecans and chocolate. Mix till combined..
- Form two logs over parchment paper, roll, and wrap in plastic..
- Refrigerate for 36 hours for better chocolate taste. Or skip this step if necessary..
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper..
- Slice logs in 1/4-inch medallions. If they break reconstitute them with the palm of the hands. Place them an inch apart. Slightly flatten them..
- Bake for 10 minutes. Leave on sheets for a couple of minutes. Then cool on wire rack. Cookies will freeze well once cooled completely..