Rustic Shepard's Pie.
You can have Rustic Shepard's Pie using 17 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Rustic Shepard's Pie
- You need 1 lb of Ground Beef.
- Prepare 1 of chopped onion.
- Prepare 3 of garlic cloves.
- You need 3/4 cup of frozen peas.
- You need 1/2 cup of frozen carrots.
- You need 2 lb of potatoes.
- It’s 8 oz of beef stock.
- It’s 2 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of flour.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of sour cream.
- You need 1 tsp of garlic salt.
- Prepare of salt and pepper.
- It’s 2 tsp of Paprika.
- You need of cayenne pepper.
- It’s 1/4 cup of milk.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garlic powder.
Rustic Shepard's Pie instructions
- Peel and dice potatoes, then boil 15 minutes or until soft..
- Sauteed onions in pan with butter or olive oil until pink and soft..
- Mince garlic and add to onion pan with ground beef and carrots..
- Add salt, pepper, paprika, cayenne pepper, and stir together until meat is light brown..
- In seperate pan melt butter on medium heat. When melted, whisk in flour until all clumps are out of sauce..
- Add beef broth and Worcestershire sauce, stirring continuously until sauce thickens..
- Add peas into gravy..
- Add gravy to meats and veggies. Stir together thoroughly and remove from heat..
- Strain potatoes and mash in mixing bowl with butter, milk, sour cream, and garlic powder..
- Layer meat and veggies on bottom of casserole dish and spread mashed potatoes on top evenly..
- Broil in oven for 25 minutes, or until top is brown..