Ultimate Fudge Brownies.
You can cook Ultimate Fudge Brownies using 10 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Ultimate Fudge Brownies
- You need 60 g (2 oz) of dark chocolate chopped.
- Prepare 22.5 g (3 tbsp) of cocoa powder, divided.
- Prepare 1 tsp of espresso powder.
- Prepare 115 g (1/2 cup) of unsalted butter.
- You need 75 g (6 tbsp) of granulated sugar.
- You need 55 g (1/4 cup) of dark brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of fine sea salt.
- You need 2 of large eggs.
- Prepare 45 g (1/3 cup) of all-purpose flour.
Ultimate Fudge Brownies instructions
- Grease a 22x12cm pan with butter, then line with parchment paper, leaving overhang on all sides. Grease the parchment with butter, then set aside..
- Combine the chopped chocolate, espresso powder, and 1 tbsp of cocoa powder in a medium heatproof bowl and set aside..
- Add the butter to a small saucepan over medium heat and cook until the butter just comes to a vigorous simmer, stirring often. Immediately pour the hot butter over the chocolate mixture and let sit for 2 minutes. Whisk until the chocolate is completely smooth and melted, then set aside..
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, or using an electric hand mixer, whisk together the granulated sugar, brown sugar, vanilla extract, salt, and eggs for exactly 5 minutes on high..
- With the mixer on, pour in the slightly cooled chocolate mixture and mix until smooth..
- Sift in the flour and remaining 2 tbsp of cocoa powder and use a rubber spatula to gently fold until just combined..
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan and smooth the top with a spatula. Bake for 15 minutes and then remove the pan from the oven and slam them on a flat surface 3 times (this deflates them slightly, giving them a more even texture and encourages that beautiful crackly top)..
- Return to the oven and bake until a skewer inserted into the center of the brownies comes out fudgy, not runny nor wet but the edges look cooked through, about 3 additional minutes. The center of the brownies will seem underbaked, but the brownies will continue to set as they cool..
- Allow brownies to cool completely in the pan. Use the parchment paper to lift the cooled brownies out of the pan. Cut into 8 bars and serve..