Chocolate Dipped Coconut Macaroons.
You can have Chocolate Dipped Coconut Macaroons using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chocolate Dipped Coconut Macaroons
- It’s 14 oz of shredded coconut (about 5 1/3 cups).
- It’s 4 of egg whites.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of white sugar.
- It’s 6 tbs of all purpose flour.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla or almond extract.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 cup of semi sweet chocolate chips.
- It’s 1/2 cup of dark chocolate chips.
Chocolate Dipped Coconut Macaroons step by step
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spray paper lightly with cooking spray. Set aside..
- In a large bowl mix together coconut, flour, sugar, and salt. Stir in egg whites and extract until fully incorporated. Mixture should stick together and be able to form a wet ball..
- Drop by tbs onto prepared baking sheet (I fit 24 at a time). Bake 20 minutes or until edges are golden..
- Remove from oven and immediately transfer to a wire rack to cool completely..
- When cookies are cool, place chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave in 30 second increments until fully melted, stirring after each round..
- Dip bottoms of macaroons into chocolate. Allow some excess to drip off and place on wax paper lined baking sheet. Place in refrigerator until chocolate is set..
- Store in an airtight container. Best kept refrigerated. Pull out of fridge at least 15 minutes before serving. Enjoy!.