Braised Chicken Neck – Dim Sum Style.
You can cook Braised Chicken Neck – Dim Sum Style using 12 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Braised Chicken Neck – Dim Sum Style
- It’s of About 20 pcs frozen chicken neck, pre-cleaned.
- Prepare 2 of large bay leaves.
- You need 3 Tbsp of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of oyster sauce.
- You need 3 Tbsp of white vinegar.
- You need Half of a head of garlic, smashed and torn apart.
- You need of Chinese cooking wine.
- You need 5 of cloves.
- It’s of Ground pepper.
- You need A few of pepper corns.
- Prepare of Salt for rub (optional).
- It’s 2 Tbsp of Cooking oil.
Braised Chicken Neck – Dim Sum Style step by step
- In a pot heat oil and sauté garlic pieces..
- Rub chicken lightly with salt, all around (or skip this if cutting down on salt or if your soy sauce is super salty). I used frozen, so it's clumped together and I just rubbed salt around. Add to the pot..
- In a controlled pour, pour chinese cooking wine over the chicken pieces. Cover and cook a couple minutes in medium heat..
- Without stirring, add the soy sauce, oyster sauce and vinegar. Drop in the bay leaves, peppercorn and cloves. Sprinkle ground pepper all around. Do not stir yet- just cover and cook a few minutes to thaw..
- Without stirring still, gently separate the frozen-now thawed chicken neck pieces, each to lay on the sauce. Cover and bring to a boil..
- Once boiling it should look like the picture, swimming in juices, lower heat a bit and continue cooking..
- When u can no longer smell the vinegar, and instead smell the aromatics, now u can stir with a spatula. Cover and continue cooking..
- Stir every few minutes until the brown colored sauce has absorbed/evaporated like in the picture. It's now cooking in it's own oil..
- Increase heat and stir fry in it's drippings until popping. Enjoy as is or use in another dish. :).
- Options: -To make Twice-Cooked Adobo, shallow fry in another pan with oil. -Chop and add to a fried noodle dish with veggies. -Dip in batter and deep fry to a crunch..