Sweet & Spicy red pepper jelly. Their best known line-up consisted of lead vocalist Brian Connolly, bass player Steve Priest, guitarist Andy Scott. From Middle English sweete, swete, from Old English swēte ("sweet"), from Proto-West Germanic *swōtī, from Proto-Germanic *swōtuz ("sweet"), from Proto-Indo-European *swéh₂dus ("sweet"). Cognate and synonymous with Scots sweit, North Frisian sweete, West Frisian swiet.
You can cook Sweet & Spicy red pepper jelly using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sweet & Spicy red pepper jelly
- It’s 4 of large red peppers.
- You need 2 packets of pectin (I use certo).
- You need 1/3 cup of Lemon juice.
- Prepare 1 cup of white vinegar.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 6 cups of white sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of Chili flakes.
Sweet & Spicy red pepper jelly step by step
- Dice the red peppers into small pieces.
- Add the red peppers, sugar, salt, lemon juice and vinegar into a large saucepan on medium heat..
- Bring to a boil and then let it simmer for 15 minutes. If making a hot pepper jelly, add the chili flakes in the last 5 minutes..
- Add pectin to the saucepan and let it boil for another minute..
- Let the mixture cool and then pour into jars and let the jelly set. Refrigerate for up to 1 year.