You can cook Spinach Fettuccine using 5 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Spinach Fettuccine
- You need 125 g of fresh spinach.
- It’s 125 g of eggs, beaten (about 3 large eggs).
- You need 227 g of all-purpose flour (or 00 flour).
- It’s 3 g of salt.
- You need 1 of pasta roller and cutter.
Spinach Fettuccine instructions
- Bring a pot of water to a boil over high heat. Season the water with salt. Add the spinach and boil until the stems soften, 30-40 seconds. Using a spider, remove the spinach and spread it on a tray. Let cool for about 20 minutes. Once cooled down, wrap it in a clean, dry towel to squeeze out all the excess water. The spinach must be very dry..
- In a blender, blend the spinach and eggs until smooth green color, about 2 minutes. Use a strainer to remove any clumps in the mixture if necessary..
- In the mixer with dough hooks, beat the spinach mixture, salt and flour together until it is relatively smooth with a cellulite-like texture, an indication of gluten formation. Knead it with a bit of all-purpose flour to form a ball. Wrap the dough tightly in plastic wrap, smooth out any air pockets. Set aside to rest at room temperature for 15 minutes..
- Prep your work surface with all-purpose flour. Use a rolling pin to flatten out the dough to 1cm thick..
- Pass through the pasta roller on the thickest setting 3 times. Fold the pasta dough into thirds, then flatten it, and pass through the machine again. Repeat this process 6 times (lightly dusting the dough with flour once or twice to prevent it sticking). Continue to roll the pasta through the machine, decreasing the thickness setting each time. Turn the handle with one hand and support the dough with the other, as it gradually becomes thinner..
- Carefully pass the thin dough through the fettuccine cutter and quickly toss the freshly cut pasta in flour to keep them from sticking..
- Cook pasta in boiling water with salt for 2 minutes or until desired doneness..