Creamy Zucchini Soup.
You can cook Creamy Zucchini Soup using 8 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Creamy Zucchini Soup
- You need 1 of small onion.
- You need 1-2 of garlic cloves.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of olive oil.
- You need 1/2 of large zucchini (or one medium zucchini, or 2-3 small ones).
- Prepare 3/4 cup of potato flakes (I used Bob's Red Mill).
- Prepare 1 cup of vegetable stock.
- Prepare of Salt to taste.
- It’s of Black pepper to taste.
Creamy Zucchini Soup instructions
- Peel and chop onion and garlic.
- Put olive oil in a saucepan, add onion and garlic. Cook over a low fire until transparent. (About 10 minutes.).
- Lightly salt..
- While onion and garlic are cooking, remove seeds from zucchini and chop roughly..
- Add zucchini to saucepan..
- Add ½ cup vegetable stock to saucepan. Cover, turn up fire to medium-low and simmer for 10 minutes..
- Taste and add salt if needed..
- Remove pan from stove and pour zucchini mixture into a blender. Allow to cool a bit. NOTE: If it's too hot, it can become dangerous..
- Once cooled, start blender on a medium-low speed and start to blend..
- Add potato flakes, turning the speed up a bit..
- Once potato flakes are incorporated, turn off blender and add the remaining vegetable stock..
- Process until you have a smooth, bright green soup..
- To serve room temperature, pour into bowls, add fresh ground black pepper to taste and serve..
- To serve the soup hot, return it to the saucepan and heat gently. Then pour into bowls, add fresh ground pepper to taste and serve..