Boston Baked Beans.
You can have Boston Baked Beans using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Boston Baked Beans
- Prepare 32 Oz. of Navy Beans.
- Prepare 1 of Large Onion.
- It’s 1/2 Cup of Ketchup.
- It’s 3/4 Cup of Brown Sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 Cup of Molasses.
- Prepare 2 Tbs. of Worcester Sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 Tbs. of Mustard Powder.
- Prepare of Squirt Dijon Mustard.
- It’s of Onion Powder.
- Prepare of Garlic Powder.
- Prepare Pinch of Salt.
- Prepare of Salt Pork (optional but recommended).
Boston Baked Beans instructions
- Soak beans overnight. Be sure to have them covered with a few inches of water as they will swell in size..
- Drain the beans. Add them to a large pot and bring to a boil. Steadily simmer them for an hour. Drain..
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl. Combine throughly. Add bean mixture into a crock..
- Put some fat around the top of the crock and the bottom of the lid to keep it from sticking. If using salt pork, rub some of that grease on there. Bake at 275 F for 7 hours. Check every couple of hours and add a bit of water if it seems to be drying out too much..