Chocolate mousse with cream and egg yolk.
You can have Chocolate mousse with cream and egg yolk using 6 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chocolate mousse with cream and egg yolk
- It’s 100 ml of milk.
- It’s 100 ml of cream.
- It’s 100 gr of sugar.
- You need 2 of egg yolks.
- Prepare 280 gr of dark couverture chocolate (chopped).
- Prepare 300 ml of cream for whipping.
Chocolate mousse with cream and egg yolk instructions
- Prepare a bain marie on a stove (a pot with hot water and another pot on top of it).
- In another stove, place a pot and fill in with milk, cream, sugar. Bring it to boil..
- Take two ladle of lukewarm milk mixture into a bain marie top bowl, pour in the egg yolks in order to temper the egg (to prevent the egg overcook and become scrambled).
- Place the pot on bain marie while whisking it..
- When the milk is boiled, switch off the heat. Slowly pour the milk into the egg mixture. Whisking it until it is smooth and little thicker for 4-6 mins..
- Remove the pot from bain marie, add the chopped chocolate. Whisk it well until chocolate melted. Set aside while cooling it down..
- In a mixer pot, pour the cream and mix it well until stiff..
- If the chocolate is still very warm, you may put a minute in ice bath. (Optional).
- Slowly whisk in the whipped cream into chocolate mixture until good incorporated and shiny..
- Pour the chocolate mousse into individual serving glasses or any containers. Cool it down..
- Tips. You may use gelatine, if you use the chocolate mousse for the cake..