Rustic apricot-glazed pear galette.
You can cook Rustic apricot-glazed pear galette using 10 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Rustic apricot-glazed pear galette
- You need of crust.
- You need 1 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1 stick of butter (cold & cubed).
- It’s 1 tbsp of sugar.
- It’s 3 tbsp of water.
- Prepare 1 of egg for egg wash on top of crust.
- It’s of filling.
- Prepare 2 of pears (peeled, cored, sliced 1/4" thick).
- Prepare 4 tbsp of apricot jam (warmed).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of butter.
Rustic apricot-glazed pear galette step by step
- Preheat oven to 400° F..
- Pour flour and sugar in food processor (w/blade). Add butter and pulse about 5 seconds. (Chunks of butter should still be visible).
- Add water to flour mixture and pulse 10 seconds (until dough begins to form) DO NOT OVER MIX. We are looking to make a flaky/crumbly crust not a hard glutinous crust..
- Remove dough, press gently into a disc. Place on a sheet of plastic wrap on work surface. Place another sheet of plastic wrap on top of disc..
- Roll dough (between 2 plastic wrap sheets) with rolling pin until disc is a rough circle and will fit on your cookie sheet. (If dough begins to get too warm, pop it in the fridge for 15 minutes or so).
- Place a sheet of parchment paper on your cookie sheet. Remove top sheet of plastic wrap and quickly flip your disc upside down onto your parchment. Now remove remaining sheet of plastic wrap..
- Arrange pear slices in concentric circles working from the center outward. Remember rustic not prefect! Important: Leave about 2" of dough around the edge..
- Begin on one edge and fold over the 2" of dough towards the center on top of the pears. Turn your galette about an 1/8th of a turn and fold that edge onto the pears. Continue this folding until the whole outer edge of dough is now folded onto the pears..
- Dot the pears with chunks of the butter. Drizzle warmed (in microwave is fine) apricot jam on pear slices. (A dash of cinnamon too if you're in the mood).
- Lightly brush the top of your crust with egg wash. And bake for about an hour till crust is golden brown and pears are soft..
- Remove from oven and allow to cool before eating. Take care when handling the crust it is flaky/ crumbly and oh so delicious..
- Bon appetit! I hope you enjoy this French tart with your clann. Don't forget to post your pics too..