You can have Pasta Carbonara using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pasta Carbonara
- Prepare 16 Oz. of Pasta.
- Prepare of Pork Skin (7 slices thick cut bacon).
- It’s 3 of Large Eggs + 1 Yolk.
- It’s 1 1/2 Cups of Grated Pecorino Romano.
- It’s 3 Cloves of Garlic.
- Prepare of Salt & Pepper.
- Prepare of Parsley.
Pasta Carbonara step by step
- Start boiling salted water for pasta. If you happen to have this ham, take the skin off. Slice it into strips and cube it. Put it in a hot pan and render the fat out of it..
- Once browned, remove the pork and set aside. Add chopped garlic to the fat and cook until golden. Remove along with some pork fat and place into a large bowl..
- Add cheese, eggs and yolk to the bowl with the garlic. Whisk..
- When your water is boiling, add in pasta and cook until al dente. Set aside about a cup and a half of the pasta water when it finishes boiling. Drain the rest of the pasta in colander..
- SLOWLY begin adding a half cup of pasta water to your egg mixture while whisking vigorously. Recruit someone to pour it if you can. Add pasta, pork and parsley to sauce and toss throughly. Add remaining pasta water as needed to thin the sauce and coat nicely..
- Plate with a little freshly grated cheese on top..