You can cook Macaroon-Chocolate Bars using 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Macaroon-Chocolate Bars
- You need of Crust.
- You need of crushed chocolate sandwich cookies with white filling (about 20 cookies).
- You need of sugar.
- You need of cocoa powder.
- You need of butter (melted).
- You need of vanilla.
- It’s of Macaroon Top.
- Prepare of all-purpose flour.
- It’s of sugar.
- Prepare of salt.
- Prepare of flaked coconut.
- You need of egg whites, lightly beaten.
- Prepare of vanilla.
- You need of Toppings.
- Prepare of semisweet chocolate pieces.
- You need of coconut oil.
- It’s of toasted almonds (optional).
Macaroon-Chocolate Bars instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 13x9x2 pan with foil extending foil over sides. Lightly grease foil and set aside..
- In a food processor, pulse cookies, sugar, and cocoa powder until fine crumbs. Place in a large bowl and stir in melted butter and vanilla until combined. Firmly press cookie mixture into prepared pan. Bake for 8 minutes..
- While the crust bakes, combine flour, sugar, salt. Stir in flaked coconut. Stir in egg whites and vanilla until combined. Spoon coconut mixture over warm crust. Using a fork, carefully press coconut mixture to edges of pan..
- Bake for 25 minutes or until macaroon layer is set and lightly browned. Cool in pan on a wire rack..
- In a small saucepan, combine chocolate chips and coconut oil over low heat, stirring until melted. Drizzle over bars. Chill about 30 minutes or until chocolate is set..
- Using edges of foil, lift out of pan and cut into 24 bars. Cut each bar diagonally to make 48 triangles. If desired place almonds on top..
- To store: place bars between sheets of wax paper in an airtight container, cover. Store at room temp for 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months..