Roasted Hatch Chile Wagyu Steak Fajitas.
You can cook Roasted Hatch Chile Wagyu Steak Fajitas using 23 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Roasted Hatch Chile Wagyu Steak Fajitas
- You need 1 PACKAGE of Double 8 Cattle Company Fullblood Wagyu Beef for Fajitas.
- Prepare 6 TBSP of Grapeseed Oil (divided).
- It’s 2 of Sweet Onions (julienned).
- Prepare 2 of Poblano Peppers (seeded and julienned).
- It’s 1/4 CUP of Chicken Stock.
- It’s 1 PACKAGE of Corn Tortillas.
- It’s 12 OZ of Crumbled Queso Fresco Cheese.
- You need of Hatch Chile Sauce.
- Prepare 1 LB of Hatch Chiles (washed and dried).
- Prepare 2 TBSP of Grapeseed Oil.
- You need 4 of Garlic Cloves (smashed).
- It’s 1 of Yellow Onion (julienned).
- It’s 1 1/2 CUP of Chicken Stock.
- It’s 2 TBSP of Lime Juice.
- It’s 2 TSP of Kosher Salt.
- You need 2 of Roma Tomatoes (chopped).
- Prepare of Guacamole.
- You need 1 of Large Avocado or 2 Small Avocados (peeled, pitted, and mashed).
- You need 1/2 CUP of Red Onion (minced).
- You need 1 of Garlic Clove (minced).
- Prepare 1/2 TSP of Kosher Salt.
- It’s 1 TBSP of Lime Juice.
- It’s 2 TBSP of Cilantro (minced).
Roasted Hatch Chile Wagyu Steak Fajitas instructions
- PREPARING THE HATCH CHILE SAUCE Heat your oven to 425°F. Place your washed and dried hatch chiles on a baking sheet. Roast the hatch chiles for 6-7 minutes until the skins start to brown and blister. Then, use tongs to turn the chiles over. Roast them for an additional 6-7 minutes. Then, place the chiles in a bowl, and cover it with plastic wrap. Allow the chiles to sit in the covered bowl for 20 minutes. In a small saute pan, add 2 tablespoons of grapeseed oil..
- Cook the julienned yellow onions and smashed garlic on medium heat until the onions are translucent. Once the chiles (in the bowl) have cooled, peel the skin off. Discard the seeds and stems. Place the peeled and seeded chiles in the blender along with the cooked onions and garlic. Add the chicken stock, lime juice, kosher salt, and chopped tomatoes to the blender as well. Blend until smooth, and season to taste with kosher salt. This is your hatch chile sauce..
- PREPARING THE GUACAMOLE After peeling and pitting one avocado (or two small avocados), mash it in a small bowl. Then, fold in the remaining ingredients – minced red onion, minced garlic, kosher salt, lime juice, and minced cilantro. Season to taste with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. Reserve..
- PREPARING THE FAJITAS Place your Wagyu beef for fajitas in a large bowl. Pour 1 cup of the hatch chile sauce over the fajita beef in the bowl. Stir to coat. Let the fajita beef marinate for 30 minutes. Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add in 3 tablespoons of grapeseed oil, and heat until slightly smoking. Once the oil is hot, add in the marinated fajita beef. Let it sear for 3 minutes on one side. Then, turn to sear the other side..
- Remove the fajita beef from the skillet, and add in 3 tablespoons of grapeseed oil. Add the julienned sweet onions and poblano peppers to the skillet, along with a 1/4 cup of chicken stock. Cook until the onions are translucent and the peppers are tender. Add the seared fajita beef back into the skillet (with the onions and peppers). Add 1 cup of the hatch chile sauce to the skillet as well. Cook over medium heat for 2-3 minutes until warm..
- FINAL STEPS Serve the roasted hatch chile Wagyu steak fajitas with corn tortillas, crumbled queso fresco cheese, and fresh guacamole. Enjoy!.