Nigerian Wagyu Beef Suya.
You can have Nigerian Wagyu Beef Suya using 15 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Nigerian Wagyu Beef Suya
- Prepare 1 of Double 8 Cattle Company Fullblood Wagyu Sirloin Tip Steak (cut against the grain into 1 1/2-inch-wide strips).
- You need 1/4 CUP of Grapeseed Oil.
- You need 1 CUP of Ground Roasted Peanuts.
- Prepare 2 TSP of Ground Ginger.
- Prepare 1 TBSP of Paprika.
- It’s 2 TSP of Onion Powder.
- Prepare 2 TSP of Kosher Salt.
- Prepare 1 TSP of Garlic Powder.
- You need 1/4 TSP of Cayenne Pepper.
- You need 1 TSP of Crayfish Powder (optional).
- It’s 1 TSP of Chile Flakes.
- Prepare of For Serving.
- You need 2 of Roma Tomatoes (large diced).
- You need 1 HEAD of Green Cabbage (sliced thin).
- It’s 1 CUP of Cilantro Leaves.
Nigerian Wagyu Beef Suya step by step
- PREPARING THE WAGYU STEAK STRIPS Make sure you’ve cut your Wagyu sirloin tip steak into 1 1/2-inch-wide slices. The result should be about 6-7 steak strips. In a large bowl, mix the Wagyu steak strips with the grapeseed oil. In another large bowl, combine the ground roasted peanuts, ginger, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, kosher salt, cayenne pepper, crayfish powder (if using), and chile flakes. Mix well..
- Add the peanut and spice mixture to the bowl with the Wagyu steak slices. Massage the mixture into the beef. Cover the bowl, and refrigerate for 2-6 hours..
- PREPARING THE WAGYU BEEF SUYA Pull the Wagyu steak strips from the refrigerator. Start threading the steak strips onto the skewers, bunching the meat together like an accordion. You should have enough beef for 4 skewers. Heat a gas grill on medium-high heat for 10 minutes. Once the grill is hot, add the skewers to the grill. Grill the Wagyu beef Suya for 5 minutes on each side. Turn off the grill, and close the lid. Let the skewers sit inside the hot grill for 10 minutes longer..
- FINAL STEPS In the meantime, mix the sliced cabbage, diced tomatoes, and cilantro leaves in a bowl. Place the cabbage mixture onto a platter. Once the skewers have cooked, let them rest for 5 minutes. Then, place the Wagyu beef Suya over the cabbage salad. Serve warm, and enjoy!.