Wagyu Beef Italian Pot Roast (Stracotto).
You can cook Wagyu Beef Italian Pot Roast (Stracotto) using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Wagyu Beef Italian Pot Roast (Stracotto)
- It’s 1 of Double 8 Cattle Company Fullblood Wagyu Eye of Round Roast (cut in half widthwise if your Dutch oven isn’t large enough for the full roast length).
- You need 8 of Garlic Cloves (sliced in half).
- Prepare of Kosher Salt (to season).
- You need of Freshly Ground Black Pepper (to season).
- Prepare 3 TBSP of Grapeseed Oil.
- Prepare 4 OZ of Pancetta (diced).
- Prepare 2 of Yellow Onions (diced).
- Prepare 3 of Carrots (peeled and diced).
- You need 3 STALK of Celery (diced).
- It’s 6 of Roma Tomatoes (large diced).
- Prepare 1/4 CUP of Tomato Paste.
- Prepare 1 CUP of Red Wine.
- Prepare 3 CUP of Beef Stock.
- Prepare 1/2 CUP of Basil Leaves.
- Prepare of For Serving.
- It’s 1 PACKAGE of Pasta (cooked per package instructions).
Wagyu Beef Italian Pot Roast (Stracotto) step by step
- PREPARING THE ITALIAN POT ROAST Pierce the Fullblood Wagyu eye of round roast in several places with the tip of your knife. Cut the roast in half if necessary (if it doesn’t fit in your Dutch oven). Insert the sliced garlic into the holes you’ve created. Sprinkle the roast with Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. Heat a large Dutch oven with 3 tablespoons of grapeseed oil over medium heat. Once the oil is hot, add in the pancetta, and brown (rendering all the fat out)..
- Once the pancetta is browned, remove it from the Dutch oven using a slotted spoon. Set it aside. Turn the heat up to medium-high. Once the fat in the pan is hot, add in the roast, and sear for 3 minutes on all sides (or until the roast is a deep golden brown). Remove the seared roast from the pan, and set it aside. Add the peeled and diced carrots, diced yellow onions, and diced celery to the Dutch oven. Stir to coat with the fat, and cook for 5 minutes..
- Once the onions are softened and translucent, add in the red wine. Cook until the wine has reduced to a few tablespoons. Add in the beef stock, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, and basil leaves. Bring the pot up to a boil. Then, reduce the heat to low. Add the pancetta and Wagyu eye of round roast back to the Dutch oven..
- Nestle the roast down into the Dutch oven, so that the liquid comes up 3/4 of the way. Cover the Dutch oven with a lid, and let the roast braise for 4 hours on low heat. Turn the roast every 45 minutes throughout the cooking process..
- FINAL STEPS After 4 hours, pull the roast from the Dutch oven, and reserve. Take the remaining contents from the Dutch oven, and place them in a blender. Make sure to fill the blender no more than half way. Take out the center piece in the lid to vent, and cover the hole with a towel. Blend until smooth. Once blended, season the sauce with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. Add the sauce back to the Dutch oven..
- Once blended, season the sauce with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. Add the sauce back to the Dutch oven. Add the Wagyu eye of round roast back into the Dutch oven, and turn to coat with sauce. Remove the roast from the Dutch oven, and slice it against the grain into thin pieces. Serve the Wagyu roast with the sauce over cooked pasta or mashed potatoes, depending on your preference. Enjoy!.