Dulce de Leche Brownies.
You can have Dulce de Leche Brownies using 10 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Dulce de Leche Brownies
- Prepare 8 tbsp of unsalted butter, cut into 8 pieces.
- You need 6 oz. of bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped.
- It’s 1/4 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder, regular or Dutch-process.
- Prepare 3 of large eggs, room temp.
- You need 1 cup of cane sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1 cup of AP flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of instant espresso.
- It’s of Several pinches Maldon sea salt flakes.
- Prepare 1 cup of Dulce de Leche, room temp (see recipe) (see recipe).
Dulce de Leche Brownies instructions
- Preheat the oven to 350º.
- Line an 8" pan with foil, and grease with butter..
- Whisk the flour and espresso together in a medium mixing bowl..
- Place the butter pieces face down in a medium sauce pan on very low heat. A little OCD, but it works..
- When the butter is nearly melted, add the chocolate. Whisk well until the chocolate is melted..
- Remove from the heat, add the cocoa, and whisk until smooth..
- Add the eggs, one at a time, whisking well each time..
- Stir in the sugar, vanilla, and flour mixture..
- Use a spatula to thoroughly mix the batter, scraping down the sides and make sure no dry ingredients are on the bottom..
- Pour half of the batter into the baking pan. Using a small offset spatula, smooth the surface of the batter..
- Drop 9 tablespoons of the dulce de leche onto the batter. Using a butter knife, swirl through the batter..
- Pour the remaining batter into the pan. Smooth the surface..
- Repeat the 9 tablespoons of dulce de leche and leave as is, or swirl as preferred..
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until the top is slightly jiggly. Do not overbake, or the batter will turn out dry. Unless you like your brownies cakie rather than fudgy..
- Remove from the oven, sprinkle with Maldon salt, let cool for 30 minutes..
- Once cool, lift the brownies out of the pan. Plate to serve, or refrigerate for 24 hours for better texture. If you can wait..