Cavolo nero and potatoes sautéed with chilli and garlic. Simple cavolo nero with chilli and garlic makes excellent as a side dish with roast chicken, or as a topping for bruschetta – griddle slices of good bread, rub with raw garlic, top with the cooked kale and then finish with a spoonful of mild, creamy goats' cheese. Cavolo nero is a delicious Italian leaf that is so nice pan fried with garlic. This recipe is really easy to make.
It is a great dish that you can One tablespoon tomato puree. Cavolo nero or 'Italian kale' is a dark green cabbage packed with nutrients and flavour. See our tips for serving this leafy veg in salads, soups and sides. You can have Cavolo nero and potatoes sautéed with chilli and garlic using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cavolo nero and potatoes sautéed with chilli and garlic
- Prepare 4 of large waxy potatoes about 750 g.
- It’s 10 leaves of cavolo nero.
- You need 6 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil.
- Prepare 2 of garlic cloves.
- Prepare 2 of pinched chilli flakes.
- Prepare of Sea salt and black pepper.
Heat a splash of oil in a wok or large frying pan over a high heat, add the shredded cavolo nero and any aromatics, such as garlic, chilli and ginger. Drain the sweet potatoes in a colander and allow to steam for five minutes. Add the sweet potatoes to a large bowl and mash with a potato masher or ricer. Add the cavolo nero and the minced garlic to the gnocchi.
Cavolo nero and potatoes sautéed with chilli and garlic step by step
- Scrub the potatoes and put them still in their skin in a saucepan. Cover with cold water, add 1 tsp of salt and cook at a lively simmer until just tender when tested with the point of a small knife..
- Lift them out of the water with a slotted spoon and place them in a colander until cool enough to peel. Keep the potato water. Peel the potatoes and cut into chunks..
- Remove the tougher end of the stalks of the cavolo nero, wash the leaves and cut into strips. Bring to potato water back to the boil and then add the cavolo nero. Boil until tender, which will take about 5 minutes. Drain well..
- While the cavolo nero is cooking, heat the oil in a large frying pan and add the garlic and chilli flakes. Sauté until just golden and add the potatoes..
- Sauté until just golden and add the potatoes. Mix for a minute or two and then add the cavolo nero and continue cooking for 5 minutes or so, turning all the time. Taste and check the salt before serving..
Sauté for another two minutes making sure to toss or stir regularly to avoid sticking. Cavolo Nero con Peperoncino e Aglio – Served at our Founder's Birthday Celebration. Recipe Courtesy of Giancarlo & Katie Caldesi. This is a quick and tasty approach to black kale, or Cavolo Nero, and tastes just like the crispy seaweed you would find on the menu in a Chinese restaurant. Cavolo Nero is a rich in fibre and good for health because it packed with nutrition in every bite.