Creamy baked cauliflower.
You can have Creamy baked cauliflower using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Creamy baked cauliflower
- You need 4 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 1 head of cauliflower, broken into bite-sized florets.
- Prepare 1 of shallot, minced.
- You need 4 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 2 tbsp of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of whole milk.
- You need 1 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- It’s 1 tsp of dried summer savory.
- You need 1/2 cup of panko bread crumbs.
Creamy baked cauliflower instructions
- Preheat your oven to 400 F..
- Melt half the butter in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add the cauliflower and fry until the cauliflower's softened slightly and has some caramelized bits. This'll take about 5 minutes. Season with a little salt and pepper, then transfer the cauliflower to a medium baking dish..
- Melt the other half of the butter in a small saucepan on medium heat. Add the shallot and garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Add the flour and whisk for another 2 minutes. Pour in the milk and keep whisking until the sauce thickens slightly, about 5 minutes. At this point, the sauce should still be quite soupy, not as thick as a regular bechemel..
- Whisk the cheese into the sauce along with a dash of salt and several grinds of freshly cracked white pepper. The sauce should get quite a bit thicker. Stir in the summer savory. If you don't have savory, use dried thyme..
- Pour the sauce over the cauliflower. Mix the panko with a splash of olive oil and a dash of salt, then sprinkle it on top. Bake uncovered for 30 minutes, until bubbling and golden. Let rest for 10 minutes before serving, to allow the sauce to set..