Ultimate brown butter chocolate chip cookies.
You can have Ultimate brown butter chocolate chip cookies using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Ultimate brown butter chocolate chip cookies
- Prepare 1 cup of bread flour.
- It’s 3/4 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt(I use 1/4 tsp).
- It’s 1 teaspoon of baking soda.
- It’s 1 cup (2 sticks) of unsalted butter.
- It’s 2-3 tablespoons of cold water.
- It’s 1 cup of dark brown sugar(I used half of cup).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of white sugar (I used 1/4 cup).
- You need 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract.
- You need 1 teaspoon of espresso powder.
- It’s 1 of large egg.
- You need 1/2 cup of semisweet chocolate chips.
- It’s 1 of large egg yolk.
- It’s 5 ounces of dark chocolate, chopped.
Ultimate brown butter chocolate chip cookies step by step
- To make brown butter, just toss it in a sauce pan, and bring it to a boil. After a few minutes of boiling, the milk solids in the butter are going to toast and turn brown. Remove from the heat and pour into a liquid measuring cup to stop the cooking. Give it a stir and add 2-3 tablespoons of cold water to the butter to bring it back up to 1 cup of liquid. Set aside to cool to room temperature. This butter will give a rich, nutty flavor to the cookies..
- Mix dry ingredients: flour, baking soda, salt and sift..
- In a large bowl, add the sugars, vanilla, espresso powder, and cooled brown butter. Cream together with an electric hand mixer until light and fluffy, 1-2 minutes. Add the egg and yolk and beat until incorporated. Add the dry ingredients, about ⅓ of the mixture at a time, and beat between additions until just incorporated. It’s okay for there to be a bit of unmixed flour on the edge of bowl, this will be incorporated in the next step..
- Using a spatula to fold the chocolate chips and chunks into the dough.
- Scoop the cookies onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. For optimal flavor, cover and refrigerate for 1h or better overnight like I did..
- Bake in a preheated oven 180oC for 12-14 minutes..
- Let them sit on the baking pan for 2 minutes before removing to cooling rack..