Rustic Eggplant Pasta.
You can cook Rustic Eggplant Pasta using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Rustic Eggplant Pasta
- You need 1 of medium eggplant, peeled.
- You need 4 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1/2 tsp of onion powder.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic, chopped.
- It’s 28 oz of diced Italian style tomatoes.
- You need 1/2 cup of red wine or grape juice.
- It’s 1/2 cup of sliced black olives.
- Prepare 2 tsp of dried parsley.
- Prepare 1 tsp of dried basil.
- It’s 1 tsp of dried oregano.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 16 oz of pasta of your choice.
Rustic Eggplant Pasta step by step
- Cut eggplant into 1/2 inch cubes. Heat oil in large skillet. Saute eggplant, onion powder, & garlic until eggplant is browned..
- Stir in undrained tomatoes, wine, olives, parsley, basil, oregano, & salt. Simmer the mixture, stirring occasionally, for about 20 minutes..
- While sauce is simmering, cook pasta according to pkg directions. Drain..
- Put pasta back in pot. Pour sauce over pasta & mix well..