Big Hit Egyptian Dessert Um Ali.
You can cook Big Hit Egyptian Dessert Um Ali using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Big Hit Egyptian Dessert Um Ali
- You need 500 g of puff pastry.
- You need 5 cups of liquid milk.
- Prepare 1 cup of heavy cream.
- Prepare 1 cup of powdered sugar.
- Prepare 1 cup of raisins.
- You need 1/2 cup of pistachios, crushed.
- You need 1/2 cup of blanched almonds, chopped.
- You need 1/2 cup of raw pine nuts.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
Big Hit Egyptian Dessert Um Ali step by step
- Preheat the oven to 375 F..
- Unroll the puff pastry and put it in the oven for 15 min or until its top layer becomes crispy and golden. Remove from the oven and let it to cool..
- Break the cooked pastry into medium pieces and put them in a large bowl. Add in the raisins, almonds and pine nuts. Mix well. Spread the mixture evenly in a baking dish..
- Bring the milk, sugar, heavy cream and vanilla extract to a boil in a medium saucepan. When they start boiling, lower the temperature and let simmer for 5 min. Remove from heat and let cool..
- Pour milk mixture gradually over the pastry and nut mixture in the dish, wait a bit before adding some more again so that it gets absorbed by the pastry..
- Then sprinkle the crushed pistachios on top and set dish aside for 15 minutes to make sure that the puff pastry has absorbed enough liquid..
- Bake the dish in the oven for 15 minutes ( 5 min of which under the broiler). The top of the dish should become golden/ brown. Serve warm..