Vickys Soft Giant Pretzels, Dairy, Egg & Soy-Free.
You can cook Vickys Soft Giant Pretzels, Dairy, Egg & Soy-Free using 5 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vickys Soft Giant Pretzels, Dairy, Egg & Soy-Free
- It’s 375 grams of plain flour.
- Prepare 270 ml of warm water.
- It’s 3 tbsp of brown sugar.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of dry active yeast.
- You need 2 liter of water in a large pan with 160 grams baking soda added to it.
Vickys Soft Giant Pretzels, Dairy, Egg & Soy-Free instructions
- Preheat the oven to gas 7 / 220C / 425°F and grease a baking tray.
- Mix the flour, sugar and yeast together then slowly add the warm water, still mixing. You may need less water so add the last 30ml as you need to.
- Knead for 5 or 10 minutes until a nice dough has formed..
- Divide into 8 balls and roll out into long sausages or ropes on a floured surface.
- Tie into a pretzel shape or be creative. Sometimes I do alphabet letters or numbers for my kids.
- Bring the water in the pan to boil and drop in the pretzels one at a time. They can be tricky to get out whole so I do them in the deep fryer basket as it's easier to lift them out.
- Boil for 15 seconds then let drain on kitchen paper.
- Placed on the baking tray 2 at a time and bake for 8 to 10 minutes until golden brown.
- Brush lightly with water and sprinkle with salt or a sugar/cinnamon mix.