My Chocolate Cream Pie.
You can have My Chocolate Cream Pie using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of My Chocolate Cream Pie
- Prepare 1/2 cup of cocoa.
- It’s 1/4 cup of cornstarch or ½ cup all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 3 of egg yolks.
- You need 1 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 2 cups of milk.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of vanilla.
- Prepare 1 of pre baked pie crust (see recipe).
My Chocolate Cream Pie instructions
- Mix cocoa, cornstarch and beaten egg yolks, then sugar and salt, add the milk gradually, while stirring in a pot over medium-high heat on your stove top..
- Cook until it's thick. Whisking it until it's smooth..
- Cream pies take some time to thicken. So stir for (10-15) mins. Using a heavy bottom pan really helps this pie. Just keep it up until it thickens, add the vanilla in after you take the pan off the heat. Pour into a pre baked pie shell. Put it in the fridge to chill, add whipped cream if you like and top with chocolate shavings..