Easy Big Cream Puffs.
You can cook Easy Big Cream Puffs using 4 ingredients and 24 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Easy Big Cream Puffs
- It’s 1 of Egg.
- You need 30 grams of Oil.
- It’s 50 grams of Water.
- Prepare 30 grams of Flour.
Easy Big Cream Puffs step by step
- *If you use a normal oven, you can bake 9 puffs at once. *The ingredients call for 1 egg but you can increase the amount accordingly..
- *You can use whatever oil you like. Vegetable oil makes them light, while butter is a bit on the heavy side. Margarine is right in the middle. The puffs in the picture were baked with butter..
- (Prep) Preheat the oven to 220℃..
- (Prep) Beat the egg well..
- (Prep) Sift the flour. *In the photo, the flour was not sifted..
- Add butter and water to a pan and bring to a boil..
- Lower the heat in Step 6 and add flour. Mix well..
- Raise the heat to high and mix. When it comes together, lower to medium heat and use a wooden spatula to knead. *The stickiness and consistency should resemble mochi (this is important)..
- Lower the heat from Step 8 and add the egg a little at a time, mix well. *It will become glazed and thick like custard cream..
- While it's hot, pour into a piping bag and squeeze onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. *If the batter cools before placing in the oven, it's going to fail..
- Using a toothpick, poke holes into the surface of the squeezed out batter. This will create the broken look when the puffs swell during baking..
- Right before you place in the oven, spray water..
- Bake in a 200℃ oven for 20 minutes. Lower the temperature to 180℃ and bake for 15 minutes. *Oven times and temperatures vary..
- If you don't bake completely or take them out of the oven too soon, they'll deflate. *If you're worried, leave in the oven for 10 minutes before removing..
- I will upload a custard recipe another day. For now, you can make use this: "Very Easy Custard Creme Using a Whole Egg".
- "Very Easy Custard Creme Made in the Microwave".
- Here are some hints for better results: 1) While mixing the batter, make sure it thickens into a heavy consistency by completely heating the flour. 2) Make sure to poke holes in the batter after squeezing them out onto the pan..
- 3) Bake while the batter is still hot. 4) Don't lower the temperature under 200℃ at the beginning when baking. 5) For the first 20 minutes, don't lower the temperature under 200℃..
- 6) If you don't bake through completely and remove from the oven too soon, they will deflate. 7) If they don't expand as much as you thought, there may be a problem with the temperature..
- 8) They begin to puff about 10 or 20 minutes into baking so pay attention to the temperature. After that, they are almost done..
- The width is about 10 cm after baking..
- The height is also close to 10 cm..
- By the way, here is an easy shortcut cream puff recipe. "Easy Cream Puffs Using a Shortcut" https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/171325-easy-cream-puffs-for-the-lazy.
- What if you ruin the puff batter? If that happens, you can just turn it into delicious churros sticks. See how to make them here..